Welcome to the Spring instalment of UCLMS News. We’ve lots inside. As ever, UCLMS staff have been a busy bunch!
We’ve lots of achievements to shout about this term as you will see from the articles, both academic and extra-curricular. Our top article is Prof Jane Dacre’s fantastic news on being elected President of the Royal College of Physicians this week!
We’re also extremely proud to have done so well in the University League Tables for 2014. We’re the top medical school in London, according to four independent rankings!
In other news, NHS Change Day was run successfully in March and we have welcomed a new group of doctors from Ningbo in China who are settling in well to life in London.
- Prof Jane Dacre elected President of Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Staff achievements
- UCL Medical School is the place to be
- UCL Medical School welcomes second Ningbo cohort
- NHS Change Day
- Dr Deborah Gill And Dr Ann Griffin awarded HEA Senior Fellowship
- Jayne Kavanagh wins Provost’s Award for Public Engagement
- New starters
- London Marathon success for UCLMS staff
- Spotlight – Andy Houghton
- The Big Bang Fair – Birmingham 2014
- ClinicalKey trial
- Practical Paediatrics textbook from UCL paediatricians available now
- UCLMS Christmas Quiz Night
Thanks must go to all our contributors.
After a busy term I’m sure you’re all looking forward to some time off. We’d like to wish you all a very happy Easter. Get some good rest before the busy exam period starts! Fingers crossed this good weather continues.
With best wishes
The Newsletter team
(Deanne Attreed, Flora Daley, Paul McGovern and John-george Nicholson)
As ever, if you would like to publicise a new project, write about an existing one or think you have something which might interest our readers then please get in touch. We are looking for contributors. Please contact Deanne.